Where do I Start?

HollyJane

Apr 30, 2019
My family and I want to go on a cruise next year and would love to book through Get Away Today, but I'm not sure where to start! What can I do now to begin planning and preparing for a cruise?

admin

Staff member
Apr 3, 2016
We at Get Away Today love Cruises! We are here to help you every step of the way! There are a few things that you should decide with your family, there are six questions you need to ask before booking a cruise.

#1. Where do you want to go? Are you craving the warm Caribbean or do you want to see the majesty of Alaska? Maybe you want to explore European cities?
#2. How long will your cruise be? Keep in mind you will want to arrive in your port city a day before your cruise departs. How much time do you want to spend on a ship? Are you looking for a quick getaway or are you needing a 2 week escape to get away from it all?
#3. When can you go? Keep in mind some cruises are date specific. For example, if you are wanting to go to Alaska you'll need to plan on going during the summer. Are you celebrating something on a specific date? When are your children out of school?
#4. Which cruise line should you book? Which cruise line fits your needs best, will you e traveling with children, is this a romantic anniversary get away? Every Cruise line is a little different and offers different amenities.
#5. What ship should you sail on? You'll need to decide on which ship you want to sail on, are you wanting the newest and most up to date? Are you wanting a ship with certain characters (for Disney Cruises)? What is it that you are looking for in your ship?
#6. Where should you sail from? You need to decide which port you want to leave from? Is there a port close to you? Is there a port that offers better airfare than the others? Decide where you want to leave from and you're good to go!

We know these questions seem overwhelming and planning a cruise can be tricky, but don't worry! We are here for you, call the cruise team at 877-510-2929 and speak with one of our agents today.