When is the Best Time to Go to Disneyland?

admin

Staff member
Apr 3, 2016
The best time to go to Disneyland is all dependant on what you and your family and wanting in a vacation. Are you wanting fewer crowds? Do you want to have the most activities and events going on possible? Are you a Halloween or Christmas finatic? You need to decide what you and your family wants, and then go from there.

For fewer crowds go during times of the year that children are in school, January, February, March, April. May, September and early Novemeber. We also recommend trying to go during the week, avoid weekends, and choose the rainy days. If you are debating between a couple days and some of them are rainy, choose the rainy days! Many people stray away from rain, but if you can prepare yourself with ponchos and umbrellas, embrace the rain and enjoy a day with fewer crowds and shorter wait times.

If you are wating nothing but the FULL experience summer and Holidays are the time to go for you. During these school breaks park hours are extended and lengthened, most attractions are opened there are endless events for all of your family to enjoy. The best months for this would be April, June, July, August, end of November, and December.

You can find a month by month event guide, as well as a crowd calendar on our blog. Check out the events, the crowds and see what would be best for you and your family and know that that is the best time for YOU to go to Disneyland!

JessicaB

Apr 29, 2019
I love this blog post! The month by month calendar is perfect and so helpful! My family loves going in the spring and often times we avoid the rain, but I think next time we will follow it. What a great idea! Thank you!

spencerj

May 3, 2019
We love going during the Halloween season! It is always pretty busy, we try to go as soon as it opens as to avoid the end of October. We are thinking of going around the spring, season this is great info to have!

HollyJane

Apr 30, 2019
I love this blog post! The month by month calendar is perfect and so helpful! My family loves going in the spring and often times we avoid the rain, but I think next time we will follow it. What a great idea! Thank you!
My family and I love going in the spring time!! We usually aim to go in March, before the spring break crowds arrive. We have never had problems with running into the rain, the evenings are chilly but that isn't anything that a jacket can't fix! People worry about missing out on rides, or events when they go in the spring since it is the off season, but there is still so much to do! We love spring in Disney! Plus, it's the perfect time to get some sun, by March we can't take the cloudy snow days any longer.

L

Leeanna

We love going when the Christmas decorations are up! We usually go the first week in December, arrive on Sunday and leave on Friday. We tried leaving on Saturday, but that Friday night was just too much! The crowds were terrible. There were so many people yelling at their kids because the didn't take that break in the day. Could not get close to the Fantasmic or World of Color. Some may think we miss something by not staying for the late showing, but we are happy leaving before the really big crowds!