When is the best time to go to Disneyland?

Disney Mom

Administrator
Staff member
May 23, 2016
Obviously, this is a loaded question, because it depends on SO much! But we've broken down Disneyland month-by-month:

January - Holidays are still going in the first week, cooler weather, fewer crowds most weeks
February - Fewer crowds most weeks, cooler weather, some school holidays
March - Spring break season begins typically mid-month
April - Spring break season continues through mid-month
May - Warmer weather, fewer crowds before Memorial Day weekend, unless Annual Passes are open
June - Warm weather, attraction openings (if you're lucky!), longer park hours begin
July - Summer season is in full swing, most rides are open, long park hours
August - Warm weather, crowds start to wind down mid-month before back-to-school
September - Labor Day weekend, Halloween Time typically begins mid-month, Mickey's Halloween Parties begins later in the month - up to three parties per week
October - Halloween Time is in full force, Mickey's Halloween Party two nights per week
November - Weather starts to cool, holidays begin mid-month
December - Holidays at the Disneyland Resort including attractions and entertainment

You can also find more details in these articles:

The Best Time to Go to Disneyland for YOU (Video)

The Best Time to Go to Disneyland for Crowds, Hours, Holidays and More

2018 Guide to Disneyland

When is YOUR favorite time to go to Disneyland and WHY? Tell us below!

Jazzy

Apr 5, 2016
I seriously think ANY TIME of year is a great time at Disneyland! Each month and season has something different and amazing to offer (like was mentioned above)! I really like going in May because the weather is nice and not as many kids are out of school yet. However, I've always wanted to go during Halloween Time because I LOVE fall and all the fun decor, treats and extra events they have going on. The Holidays is also an extra magical time to go with Christmas music in the air, darling decor and festive treats, adding to your already amazing vacation. :)

JordanU

May 23, 2016
Girl, you know I LOVE any day at Disneyland, any time. Whenever you are able to go to Disneyland is the best time to go!! Disneyland is the best all year round. BUT - for me personally, I really love how extra Disneyland goes with celebrations. Whether that be Halloween Time or Holidays or limited-time summer celebrations (a la Pixar Fest), they put so much extra magic and exclusive fun into the parks, it is hard not to be your favorite time to go.

Lexi T

Jun 28, 2016
I think it's true that whenever you can go is the best time! But I really do enjoy going in February (birthday month means I'm wearing that birthday button EVERY DAY) and then in September for Halloween Time or December for the Holidays. I can't wait to go in August this year to experience Pixar Fest. No way am I missing Paint the Night Parade!

May 24, 2016
I think Christmas time at Disneyland is the best! I know it is pretty busy in the parks but there is something so magical about all of the decorations, the music, and the Christmas shows. Also, they make it snow on main street which is amazing!

Jun 12, 2018
Every time I've gone to Disneyland has been amazing! I've been in May and November and both times were awesome! I loved the cooler weather in November, but May was great because I went before Memorial Day weekend and the crowds weren't bad.