Kauai: Things To Do

admin

Staff member
Apr 3, 2016
Who hasn't dreamed of going on a trip to Hawaii? I think anyone would love to spend the day eating good food, with their toes in the sand, drinking from a coconut while watching their kids play in the water exploring the island. A dream vacation is what we want, but sometimes it difficult to plan out the perfect trip when you've never been to the destination of your choice. Lucky for you, we have been to Kauai and we are here to help! Here are some of our top ideas of fun things to do for you and your family!
1. Hiking in Kauai is a must. The beautiful weather and gorgeous landscaping is something you don't want to miss. For adults, we recommend the Alakai Swamp Trail, which is about nine miles of hiking with many elevation changes. It may not be the best for young hikers, but for avid hikers, it’s a beautiful choice.
Queen’s Bath is an excellent water spot at low tide because the “pool” will be more kid-friendly. You can explore tide pools here, enjoy the waves crashing against the rocks, cliff jump and more at Queen’s Bath.
2. For a dip in the warm ocean water, Shipwreck Beach is the place to be. It is ideal for swimming and a great location for sea turtle spottings.
3. Waimea Canyon is known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, so you can imagine what it has to offer. The canyon stretches about ten miles and has a couple of lookout points from which you can view the multicolored layers of the island. Once your done there go grab yourself a pineapple smoothie at Coconut Corner, or a hotdog and grilled cheese at Porky's.
4. When you are looking to end your day we recommend visiting Capt. Andy’s Na Pali Raft Expeditions. Choose a dinner and sunset voyage on this lush island. Watch the sunset over the ocean as you dine and relax on a yacht.

For more information on additional activities, recommended hotels, and restaurants, visit our blog here.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019
I have always wondered which island I should take my family on! They aren't much for the cities but prefer to simply be in nature. This sounds like the perfect spot for us! We are all about pineapple anything, we will definitely try going to Coconut Corners! Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully we will visit Kauai soon!

Apr 30, 2019
The Aston at Poipu Kai Condos in Kuai are absolutely incredible. We love staying here, the 6 pools and close beach allow us easy access to all day fun! The cute rooms are comfortable and so relaxing to come home to. We always are well taken care of and don't have to worry about anything when we stay at the Aston.