Is Staying at a Disneyland Hotel Worth It?

admin

Staff member
Apr 3, 2016
If you've ever stayed at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotel properties, then you know how amazing they can be. However, it's important to consider the high price tag that comes with the stay. Because of this, I've listed a couple of reasons below why I think staying at a Disneyland Hotel is worth it.
  1. Extra Magic Hour - Being able to get into both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park early is SO worth it to me. On select dates, guests who stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel will be able to get into the park 1 hour early on select dates. This will allow you to experience the park well before it even opens!
  2. Location - After a long Disney day, the last you want to do is walk back to your hotel, car or shuttle. Luckily, staying at Disneyland Resort Hotel makes it easy to easily head back to the hotel if you want to take a nap, go swimming or even forget something!
  3. Magic - When you stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel, it feels like you never leave the parks. With Disney-themed decor, amazing pools and magic around every corner, you'll never regret staying on property.
Do you think staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel is worth it? Why or why not?

If you're looking to stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel, visit getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY for a quote directly.

Disney Mom

Administrator
Staff member
May 23, 2016
100% YES. The Extra Magic Hour into DCA is totally worth it. We were able to ride everything in Cars Land before the park even opened. And the earlier the Extra Magic Hour the better. Plus, when you have little kids, it is so easy to go back to your room, especially if you are staying at the Grand Californian. It's my favorite of the three.

brooklynjolley

That Disneyland Girl
Aug 15, 2018
www.thatdisneylandgirl.com
I so agree with Disney Mom! The extra magic hour makes any cost worth it. Getting into Cars Land before official park opening is amazing! We also love riding Guardians of the Galaxy at this time of day. And the new Incredicoaster!
When you are staying at the Grand Californian you can enter the park directly from the hotel, which is awesome. My favorite Disneyland Resort Hotel is the Paradise Pier Hotel, which happens to be the least expensive. It has all the magic of the other Disney hotels!
(If you can't afford to stay at a Disney hotel, it's still so worth it to go to Disneyland! But if you can splurge, you won't regret it!)

Jazzy

Apr 5, 2016
I've always wanted to stay at the Grand Californian because it is SO beautiful (especially in that grand lobby area) and it is SO close to California Adventure (which is my favorite park)! I love how close the Disney properties are to the parks and that you do get that Extra Magic Hour, which is awesome! I also love the magical light up Sleeping Beauty's Castle headboards in the Disneyland Hotel's rooms and that they have a dole whip station in their lobby now - selling points for me! ;) They also have such incredible pools!!

May 23, 2016
I think it is worth it if staying on property for a little extra magic is something that you place value in. Sometimes, the memories you make with your family at a Disney property is very much worth the price tag!

Rachel

May 23, 2016
Honestly, the walk to the Disneyland Resort properties after a long day at the park is worth the extra cost in my opinion! When I go to Disneyland, I go ALL DAY LONG so at the end of the day, walking back to on off-property hotel seems 100x longer than it really is! Plus the hotels are so cute!

Jun 12, 2018
Going to Disney with kids and especially toddlers can be stressful and exhausting. Having the chance to quickly go cool down at the pool or take a midday nap without having to leave the park for hours is a huge perk to staying at a Disney hotel. At the Grand Californian they have a perfect little tots area complete with mini rocking chairs and Disney shorts and other cute videos constantly playing. I think if you are going to be spending less time at the hotel and going for a girls trip or just as a couple and won't need as much rest time, it might be worth it to look into a less pricey hotel!

Sep 28, 2018
Oregon
I'd say it's definitely worth it. Yes, it's spendy, that's no secret, but having just got back from three nights at the Grand Californian, I can't stop swooning about how wonderful it was staying there. I totally agree that staying in an on-site hotel is a real convenience and a stress-reliever and magic-enhancer. Also, the hotels' entrances to the parks/Downtown Disney have super-short security lines, only takes a few seconds and you're in.

I've traveled a lot, and Disney's Grand Californian is, hands down, the finest hotel I've ever stayed in. As impressive as the photos make it look, they just don't do the place justice. And it's not just the grandeur of the lobby (which is pretty darn grand), it's every little detail of the place. The dimmer controls for the recessed lighting in your room, the dual shower heads, the soft fluffy robes. Our room overlooked Downtown Disney, and getting up in the morning and opening the sliding glass door and just letting Disneyland roll into the room was magical. We watched the fireworks from our balcony, and the Monorail zooming past. Pure magic.

And the service is impeccable. From the head of Guest Services to members of the Housekeeping staff, every Cast Member we spoke to was unfailingly polite, cheerful, helpful, and genuinely, casually friendly -- everyone on the staff seems to be in a good mood and having a pretty good time themselves. Not sure how you could fake that, it must have been real. And of course, if you have a question, they always have the answer, or will find someone who does.

Disney is the gold standard of hospitality services, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Anna

May 24, 2016
I would say 100% go for the properties having those extra magic hours are totally worth it! And all of those little things with magic hidden in them!!