Disneyland Character Dining

admin

Staff member
Apr 3, 2016
As you may have heard, there are so many fun changes coming to Character Dining at the Disneyland Resort! We absolutely can't wait to try out Mickey's Tales of Adventure and Donald Duck's Seaside Breakfast. While we wait with anticipation, check out all of the Character Dining options you can currently take advantage of while you're on your vacation to The Happiest Place on Earth.

Disneyland Park:
Minnie & Friends - Breakfast in the Park

Disneyland Hotel:
Goofy's Kitchen

Disney's Paradise Pier:
Surf's Up! Breakfast with Mickey and Friends (Closes July 9th)
Donald Duck's Seaside Breakfast (Opens July 10th)

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa:
Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast (Closes July 9th)
Mickey's Tales of Adventure (Opens July 10th)

If you want more information about Character Dining, be sure to check out this helpful article below:
https://www.getawaytoday.com/blogs/2016-09-14/12-things-you-need-to-know-about-character-dining

Dining with the characters is one of our favorite things to do when at the Disneyland Resort. Have you ever tried Character Dining? If so, what was your favorite restaurant and why?

Disney Mom

Administrator
Staff member
May 23, 2016
I have done them all - except for the new ones... YET! I loved each of them for different reasons:

Goofy's Kitchen - I love having so many options and prefer to do it more for a brunch - I love their pizza and dessert bar!
Surf's Up - It feels laid back and you get SO much character interaction - plus, my kids LOVE Stitch.
Critter Breakfast - This one probably has my favorite food. Their french toast with butter sauce is to die for! I hope it stays with the new character breakfast.
Minnie & Friends - I LOVE being inside Disneyland and it's the only one in the park. It is so magical to look out and see the Astro Orbitor, and it's another that you have a TON Of interaction. I also love the special entrance if you're getting there early.

Lexi

Apr 5, 2016
I love the character dinings! They are such a great way to meet the characters. I loved it because my kids wouldn't get restless in a line waiting for characters and instead they were eating some of their favorite foods and having the characters come to us! I have done Goofy's Kitchen, Surf's Up!, and Chip 'n Dales Critter Breakfast. Mickey's Tales of Adventure sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to try that one out!

Lexi T

Jun 28, 2016
Character Dining at Disneyland is where it's at! I've only done Goofy's Kitchen and Minnie & Friends, but loved them both. I really enjoy Goofy's Kitchen the night before my park ticket starts as a fun way to kick my vacation off. And of course Minnie & Friends is great since it's inside Disneyland. I think I might enjoy Minnie & Friends just a smidgen more since you see a wider variety of characters (if you see the Fairy Godmother, make sure to talk with her - she's hilarious!).

Anna

May 24, 2016
My favorite is Goofy's Kitchen!! But I also love the Minnie and friends breakfast because you are in the Disneyland park and it is so cute.

May 24, 2016
My favorite is definitely Minnie and Friends! The Plaza Inn is such a cute restaurant and the buffet breakfast is amazing.

Jun 11, 2018
My absolute favorite one is Goofy's Kitchen. I love being able to break up the day with a pre-paid meal and having the Disney characters coming to me instead of waiting in line at the park. I can't wait for the Donald Duck's Seaside Breakfast, I think it will become my new favorite!!

Jun 11, 2018
Character dining is worth every penny! My kids loved eating at Goofy's Kitchen! Goofy came to our table and fed my son his food and he thought that was the greatest thing ever! Then the characters pulled my children out onto the floor to do the macarena with them. They had a blast! Best one on one experience you can have with Disney characters! And then they didn't need to take time to stand in line to greet the characters in the park - you can get more rides in. Highly recommend!

Disneyem

May 23, 2016
I loved Goofy's Kitchen! The Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza was a lot better than I thought it would be. :) I can't wait to try the new Donald Duck's Seaside Breakfast!

May 24, 2016
Goofy's Kitchen is great because you have a breakfast or dinner option so if your hotel has a breakfast you can do dinner and have another meal taken care of. Minnie and friend's is great because they have a lot of the classic characters, and it is located in the park so after you are done with your meal you can go and enjoy your day in the park.

May 23, 2016
I am taking my 14 year old daughter to Disneyland in July. She really wants to eat at Goofy's Kitchen! I can't wait for her to experience it, even as a teenager. It is a special experience for sure!